Ethernium is a collection of presets for DRON-E (not included), free ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor. It comes in form of Reaktor snapshots - several Reaktor banks, each for one category.
Content included in this library will be useful for composers, sound designers, game developers and anybody who likes to experiment with sounds. Ethernium is all about atmospheric, abstract sounds, drones, soundcapes, textures and weird sound effects. Sounds are oriented towards dark, sci-fi, horror genres and can be used to create music, sound effects and environmental sounds for a game or any other type of media.
Included snapshots can be easily modified thanks to extensive randomization capabilities of DRON-E. In this way user can build custom library of sounds using provided content as a starting point.
Full version of Ethernium contains 128 sound sources (samples) and 150 snapshots in following categories:
- Drones (30)
- Effects (25)
- Pulses (10)
- Rises (15)
- Soundscapes (35)
- Textures (35)
- Download and unzip DRON-E Reaktor ensemble in your preferred location (DRON-E can be downloaded at https://twistedtools.com/blog/dron-e/)
- Open Reaktor either as standalone or as plugin in your DAW.
- Open DRON-E ensemble from within Reaktor.
- Open sample map editor.
- In the sample map editor select all samples (click on any sample entry, hit CMD+A on Mac/CTRL+A on Win) and hit delete. Go to downloaded Ethernium package and drag all the provided samples into the sample editor (Ethernium for DRON-E by Spektralisk/Samples/)
- Enter EDIT mode.
- Install snapshot banks.
Example location to install:
Mac: ~/Documents/Native Instruments/Reaktor 6/Ensembles/
Win: ~/My Documents/Native Instruments/Reaktor 6/Ensembles/
- while in EDIT mode, open preset browser
- right-click on "Embedded" entry and select "New Bank" - this will create new empty bank
- right-click on created empty bank entry, select "Load Bank", locate the bank you would like to load (Ethernium for DRON-E by Spektralisk/Reaktor Banks/)
- repeat previous steps for every bank from Ethernium package (Ethernium for DRON-E by Spektralisk/Reaktor Banks/)
- finally save ensemble as new file "DRON-E Ethernium.ens" in your preferred location (in order to keep original ensemble intact and available for your custom modifications like this one for Ethernium)
Before modifying/adding your own sounds, please keep your original content backed up.
- DRON-E 1.5 Ensemble which can be downloaded at Twisted Tools website https://twistedtools.com/blog/dron-e/
- Native Instruments Reaktor - check requirements on provided DRON-E website (Reaktor 6+ recommended)
Thank you very much for purchasing this product and supporting my work. I hope this will be useful for you and inspire you to create unique music and sounds.
All the best, Daniel