Thank you for purchasing Modular Lab II for VCV Rack.
- Unpack "Modular Lab II by Spektralisk - SDS S01E08.zip" or "Modular Lab II Templates by Spektralisk - SDS S01E08". Move the folder to location of your choice. VCV Rack doesn't require any specific location.
- Double click on the patch file or use VCV Rack "File" menu to open the patch.
Since your audio/midi configuration may be different from mine, you may need to set your own midi device in MIDI-CV module and audio device in AUDIO-8 module for every patch and then re-save the patch to make changes permanent. I'm not aware of any mechanism in VCV Rack that would allow it to fallback to default system midi/audio devices (which would be very welcome feature).
Required VCV Rack modules
Here is the list of modules required for the included patches in Modular Lab II. Subscribe to these developers and update your VCV Rack instance before using the patches.
23volts https://library.vcvrack.com/23volts (available only in v2 as beta)
Disclaimer: Please note that this is only suggestion. I'm not making any guarantees about the safety of this. You're installing this at your own risk. The solution was tested on my system and it works fine.
To make 23volts plugins running in VCV Rack 2 do the following:
- download the beta build of the plugin for your OS from https://github.com/SteveRussell33/23volts-vcv/releases/tag/v2.0
- locate your Rack2 installation folder
- copy the plugin into Rack2/plugins
- restart the VCV Rack 2 app
Audible Instruments https://library.vcvrack.com/AudibleInstruments
Count Modula https://library.vcvrack.com/CountModula
Flag Free https://library.vcvrack.com/FLAG-Free
Frozen Wasteland https://library.vcvrack.com/FrozenWasteland
Surge for Rack https://library.vcvrack.com/SurgeRack
Vult Modules Free https://library.vcvrack.com/VultModulesFree
Many thanks to all the developers for creating those excellent devices!
Hope you'll enjoy the patches and find them useful in your musical endeavours. Happy patching! 🙂